R. Kelley has been the subject of controversy for some wicked things in the past. They include, but are not limited to, allegedly being caught on tape urinating on a preteen, searching Chicago high schools for his next “pretty young thing”, and marrying the teenage Aaliyah.
Even after all of the claims against Kelly, parents are not protecting their young daughters from him because of his false promises of fame.
In a not-so-shocking BuzzFeed exposé written by journalist Jim DeRogatis, who has been diligently keeping track of Kelly’s underage-sex-abuse allegations for decades, several parents are speaking out, accusing Kelly of keeping their daughters in a sex-obsessed, abusive “cult,” according to The Grapevine.
Several parents in the report said Kelly is now preying on young girls and keeping them in his houses in Illinois and Georgia. But this time, he made sure they were above the age of consent—17 and 16, respectively—in each of the states.
The report goes on to state that the women are required to give up their personal cellphones, call R. Kelly “Daddy,” and, eventually, they end up cutting off communication with their family members. Although police in Illinois and the city of Atlanta in Georgia have done welfare checks at his residences, they say they have found nothing illegal.
One parent, whose 19-year-old daughter met Kelly backstage at a concert in 2015, discussed how she and her daughter were deceived by the performer.
“When we got to go backstage with R. Kelly, we stayed there over two hours,” J told BuzzFeed. “One-on-one, with just me and my daughter and him. We went back to talk about the music. He listened to her CD. He was going to help her with her CD, and I was really impressed with him at first, because I have always been an R. Kelly fan.”
“In the back of our minds, we were thinking [my daughter] could be around him if I was with her,” J said. “It didn’t really hit home. Even with the Aaliyah situation, now that I think about it, ‘Age Ain’t Nothing but a Number’ … but you don’t think about that. You grew up with the song, and you like the song.”
But, of course, the parents’ have realized they were deceived and they have not heard from their daughter in two years.
Buzzfeed said according to Mack, Jones, and McGee, who both said they lived with Kelly and had sexual relationships with the star at different times over the past five years before leaving, the women living in Kelly’s Duluth, Georgia, “guest house” or his Chicago recording studio last summer included:
- A 31-year-old “den mother” who “trained” newcomers on how Kelly liked to be pleasured sexually. She had been best friends since high school with the girl in the videotape for which Kelly was tried in 2008. She recently parted ways with Kelly, these sources say.
- A 25-year-old woman who also has been part of Kelly’s scene for seven years.
- A recent arrival, a 19-year-old model who has been photographed in public with Kelly and named on music gossip websites — a rarity among the women in his circle.
- An Atlanta songwriter who began her relationship with Kelly around 2009, when she was 19. (She is now 26.)
- And an 18-year-old singer from Polk County, Florida. Mack said the Florida singer is Kelly’s “favorite — his number-one girl.”
Mack said living in Kelly’s house as not what she was expecting, “You have to ask for food. You have to ask to go use the bathroom. … [Kelly] is a master at mind control. … He is a puppet master.”
(Article By Jeremiah Jones)